Welcome to Britannia Southern (Spain)
Take advantage of our local knowledge & experience in removals and storage on the Costa del Sol. We offer a wide range of services with options to suit every budget. Please browse our user friendly website to find out who we are and what we do!
Whether you’re moving near or far, Britannia Southern is your best choice for Local removals along the Costa del Sol, Regional removals throughout Andalucia, Spain & Portugal moves, European and International removals. From part loads to dedicated trucks. We also offer an economic pallet transport with online tracking for smaller consignments and a reliable courier service for single items.
There is plenty of space for your valued possessions in our modern fully containerised warehouse located in Mijas Costa (Malaga), equipped with 24 hours security and remote video surveillance. We provide short and long term storage for both small and large consignments. For your peace of mind we also offer insurance cover (fire, flooding & theft) while your goods remain in storage.
We've been in the business of importing and exporting household goods and personal effects for over forty years. Organizing shipments to & from countries such as Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Saudi Arabia, UAE, India, South Africa and the United States has allowed us to acquire invaluable knowledge and expertise in the complex world that is international shipping.
Britannia Southern is the trading name of Mudanzas Britania S.L., a Spanish limited company based in Mijas Costa (Malaga). This family run business founded by the late Andrew Riley has been established on the Costa del Sol since 1978 and provides a wide range of services such as local, national and European removals, Man and Van, Spain to UK removals, local distribution, pallet transport, containerised storage, mobile storage, air freight, courier service for single items, overseas shipping (FCL, LCL & Groupage), customs clearance, import assistance, export packing and trade assistance.
MEET THE TEAM
BEFORE YOU MOVE…
- Free Storage: This normally refers to the interim storage period starting from the day the goods are collected from the client's residence until the departure date of the next available truck for onward delivery. Most companies will offer up to two weeks free storage.
- Free Packing: Quality packing materials along with the time needed to carefully wrap and pack full households significantly contribute to the overall cost of a move and should not be ignored. What is offered for free? the labour? the materials? both? How is the furniture going to be wrapped? with blankets? with thin bubble wrap? with laminated bubble wrap? How strong are the boxes? Are there different sized boxes?
- Free Insurance: If a company offers you free insurance it will certainly only be "in transit insurance". This won't cover you for breakages, damages or missing items during loading and unloading. Only reputable companies are able to provide an "all risk" cover subject to the client completing a proposal form. Insurance is calculated as a percentage of the declared value of the goods and is never "free".
- Free Estimates / Advice: Moving companies will provide free quotations in writing to potential customers who are able to supply enough information, but not all will carry out on site surveys.
- Free Collection / Delivery: Ensure your quote is for a "door to door" service. Many clients are enticed by ads offering cheap delivery rates but often these are for a basic "depot to depot" service, with extra handout charges.
We are proud to be the appointed representative for the Britannia Movers International group in Andalusia since 2004. Britannia is the largest independent moving group in the United Kingdom and has over 40 local removal offices across the country, stretching from Aberdeen to Brighton.
You can find all types of packing materials at our depot: Standard cartons, book cartons, linen boxes, wardrobe cartons, picture boxes, cardboard sheets, laminated bubble wrap for furniture, clear bubble wrap for glass & china, foam edges, wrapping paper, mattress covers, rolls of tape, shrink wrap, etc.